In 1932 Andrew J. Bell Jr. established Bell Funeral Home in a store front in Providence, RI. After several years he moved the funeral home to a covered dwelling. In 1960 he purchased the present location from the Graham Funeral Homes.
Mr. Bell was a noted community activist and an outstanding citizen. In 1964 upon graduation from New England Institute of Anatomy, John F. Cardoza joined the firm as an apprentice funeral director and embalmer.
In 1965 John was hired by Andrew J. Bell, Jr. as an embalmer and funeral director until 1974. During that period he worked hard to learn as much as he could to prepare him for his next move.
In July of 1974 John purchased the business from Andrew J. Bell, Jr. upon his retirement.
After he purchased the business John began to set his sites on the future. He made several improvements to the facility.